Our family pancake recipe that consistently produces delicious, buttery pancakes in no time at all!
Servings: 10 Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together the milk, egg, and butter.
- Next, make a well in the center of the flour mixture, then pour in the milk/egg/butter mixture.
- Stir everything together using a whisk or fork until just combined. The batter should be still be a bit lumpy, but the ingredients do need to be well combined. Now, heat a lightly oiled/buttered skillet or griddle to medium high heat (I use our countertop griddle set to 350^F. and it works well). You will know it is warm enough if you can flick a drop of water on it and hear it sizzle. Using 1/4 cup of mixture for each pancake, pour the batter onto your skillet/griddle. Each side will need to cook anywhere between 4-6 minutes. I know that it's time to flip it for the first time when the raw side (facing up) starts bubbling really well. Next, pull them off the griddle and serve with lots of butter and syrup, or vegemite if you are Australian like my husband! 🙂 Enjoy!